The purpose of the Alpine Community Garden is to promote community, growth through gardening and food sustainability. The fenced garden is located off West Alpine Lake Drive – just across from the boathouse and downhill from the Dog Park.
- How many lots are there?
- 15 plots
- Size of plots?
- each one is about 17x17 feet
- Is this a rental fee?
- Yes, usually $10 - $15 a year - to cover tiller use, repairs, gas and a rainy day kitty.
- How often do lots turnover? Is it easy to get a garden plot? Is there a waitlist?
- Usually 2 to 3 plots turn over each year
- Currently all are assigned and no one on the wait list
- Water accessible?
- Yes, there is a 225 gallon water tank, a gas powered pump to fill it and a solar powered pump to keep it filled and topped off.
- Additional tools - a tiller, wheelbarrow and some hand tools
- Other rules?
- No dogs in the area, put rocks and weeds in the correct area, clean off the tiller tines when done using
- Who is the contact person for the garden - yourself or others?
- Frank Ross, Herman Mason or Jim Hoadley
Come grow with us!!!